Theatre Unbound is currently casting Christina Ham’s A WIVES’ TALE, a drama about a group of barren women conspiring to create the perfect society in a post-nuclear St. Paul. The play explores the ways in which patriarchal values continue to permeate an emerging matriarchal system. The production will be directed by Kate Powers.
We are seeking a diverse cast of all heritages and social backgrounds to represent this community of survivors.
Stipend paid. Non-union only.
Auditions: September 10th, 4:30-7:30 PM
Callbacks: September 17th, 4:30-7:30 PM
Location: Gremlin Theatre, 550 North Vandalia Street, St. Paul, MN 55114
A WIVES’ TALE will begin rehearsals in early February, 2018, running March 24, 2018 – April 8, 2018 at Gremlin Theatre.
Specifically seeking eight actors who identify as female and one actor who identifies as male to play the following roles:
- ADA: 40s, African American, part mother hen, part emotional terrorist, very particular
- CELIA: Mid-20s, African-American, athletic, scarred emotionally as well as physically, but has deep reserves of strength, too
- MILLIE: 30ish, African-American or Caucasian, endearing, dark sense of humor, hidden strength
- PRUDENCE: 50s, African-American, a medical doctor, calculating, manipulative
- ZADIE: 60s, uncouth, new money, in a way
- SAVORY: 40s, ideally African-American, cerebral, scientific, also a post-nuclear pin-up girl
- BELLA: 40s, all about poise, disposition, following the shared rules of behavior
- FEN: 20s, docile, a woman of faith, but of lower social status
- SWANN/VOX: 40s, male, ideally African-American, rugged, well-traveled, sexy
Please prepare one monologue, either contemporary or Shakespeare in verse, not to exceed two minutes, that speaks to some aspect of the character in whom you are most interested. At callbacks, we will ask you to read from the play.
Please bring a headshot (or any non-returnable current picture) and resume, if available.
Register for an audition time online or or call 612-721-1186.
Theatre Unbound delivers thought-provoking live theatre conceived and created by women, providing audiences with engaging, rarely-seen perspectives on issues that are relevant and universal.